AmSteel Blue is the latest development of HMPE fiber in a twelve-strand braided rope utilizing Parallay design with proprietary blue urethane coating. Synthetic winch rope was introduced to the off-road vehicle markets in the 1990’s. It has rapidly become a must-have accessory for both hard-core rockcrawlers and off-road enthusiasts. U.S. Made Amsteel Blue synthetic fiber rope has a higher breaking strength than that of steel cable of the same diameter, and remarkably weighs less than 1/6. It won’t get all wound-up like cable when unspooled. It can’t develop sharp frays, and it doesn’t conduct electricity or heat (won’t freeze your hands in winter). It won’t rust, doesn’t kink, doesn’t recoil, doesn’t stretch, or doesn’t store energy. Need we say more!
- IN STOCK – SHIPS TODAY! Heavy-duty rope thimble with Class II locking eye splice, and heat-shrink cover.
- Abrasion guard included. The guard is flexible and compact enough to wind in with the rope. Comes right back out when you unspool. Move the guard along the length of the rope to guard against rock outcrops, etc. when winching.
- Extra-large terminal end, with rope heat-shrunk prior to being glued and crimped into the terminal.
- We also highly recommend our aluminum Hawse fairleads, specifically designed for synthetic winch rope use (see below). Do not use a roller fairlead to guide your winch rope. It’s simple – have the right equipment, so everything works as designed.
- Weighs less than 1/6 of steel cable. Won’t unravel in storage. Can’t develop sharp frays. Doesn’t recoil. Won’t rust. Doesn’t kink. Doesn’t stretch. Doesn’t store energy.