The Poison Spyder Bolt-Together Trail Cage Kit (patent pending) is the strongest add-on cage you can bolt in to your JK. Designed to strengthen your Jeep’s existing roll bar, the Poison Spyder Trail Cage Kit fortifies the driver and passenger area by adding a robust cage fabricated from CNC laser notched, NC-bent DOM steel tubing and CNC laser cut, precision brake-formed 3/16″ plate steel components. When shopping for a cage kit for your Jeep, make sure that any product you are considering uses stronger DOM, “Drawn Over Mandrel” structural tubing rather than the cheaper welded seam tubing that some manufacturers use. JUMP TO:Top of Page | Product Description | Image Galleries | Features & Benefits | Frequently Asked Questions | Competitive Comparisons | Related Products Product Description A Better Bolt-Together Method olt-in cage kits need a way to join the structural tubing components of the kit. Popular kits on the market today use either a knuckle-style clamp or a simple tube insert with crush bolt. Both methods have their weaknesses. For instance the large knuckle style clamps may look beefy, but they’re still pre-loading a clamping force onto a rather thin wall tube, creating a dangerous stress riser right at the junction of two tube members where the cage is likely to see its biggest stresses.
- “Bolt-In” installation requires no welding
- Made of NC bent 1.75″ X .120″ wall DOM tubing and CNC laser cut 3/16″ plate steel
- Plate steel A-Pillars provide strength all the way to the floor without compromising leg room or ease of entry
- Interlocking tube couplers are superior to competitors’ tube clamps which may weaken the steel at junctures
- Hardware & installation instructions included